Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Two New Nightfall Reviews On Amazon

Two new reviews have just gone up on Amazon, a four star (from Kenny G) and a five star (from Simon Hartley)!

Interesting Change!, 4 Aug 2010
By Kenny G (Worcestershire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nightfall: v. 1 (Paperback)
As someone who has read more or less everything Stephen Leather has published to date, reading this book was quite a strange experience. There is no doubt that it is a brave move to write something so removed from his usual themes, and in all fairness I think he's done a pretty good job. I certainly enjoyed the book and read it in a couple of days.

I don't see why it is necessary to criticize this book just on the grounds that it's different from the SAS/Hong Kong/Spider Shepherd stuff. If you don't like this sort of book then don't buy it.

In summary, not my favourite Stephen Leather book, but entertaining and well worth a read nonetheless.


And -

Nightfall - fantastic read!, 1 Aug 2010
By Simon Hartley - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nightfall (Paperback)
Nightfall ............ Stephen Leather does it again, fantastic read just couldn't put it down ... more please Stephen!



I'm pleased that Kenny and Simon enjoyed the book, and agree with Kenny that it doesn't make sense to criticise Nightfall because it is different from my regular thrillers.

I really don't understand the reviewers on Amazon who have given Nightfall one-star because they don't like books on the occult! That's like a restaurant reviewer giving a French restaurant a bad review just because they don't like French food!

Anyway, for these readers who only want Spider Shepherd, Rough Justice is on sale now and I think it's the best Spider Shepherd book so far!

No comments: