Saturday, April 17, 2010

Another Bad Amazon Review!

I've just had a two-star review from Lucy (Lou) which is pretty damning!

Here's what she wrote -

disappointing, 16 April 2010
This review is from: Nightfall: v. 1 (Paperback)
This was my first book written by Stephen Leather, and sadly..it quite likely could be my last. I thought the writing was very poor, the characters were two dimensional and the plot had been done many times before, and a lot better.I work in a bookshop and we sell a lot of books by this author and so I had high expectations..maybe that was the problem?!?!


The good news of course is that she sells a lot of my books! Anyway, I wondered what Lucy's problem was so I looked at the other stuff she's reviewed. You'd think that someone who worked in a bookshop would be a prolific reviewer. Sadly, no!

She's reviewed one book (mine!), one movie, and two CDs. Wonder why she chose me?

Anyway, here's the review she did of the movie PS I Love You, from the best-selling book by Cecilia Aherne -

Avoid, 16 Dec 2008
This review is from: P.S. I Love You [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
It is truely a waste of time watching this film, it is awful! I'm sorry, but I have lost someone, I watched my fiancee die from leukaemia and finally lost him when I was only 22. Now at 26 having become involved with someone else, I have found out that he has cancer.Grief is nothing like what is depicted in this film, How anyone could even think of writing a book and making a movie aboout the death of a persons partner,and portraying it in a light hearted chick flick comedy way is totally beyond me. I just hope that A'hearne never has to go through what I have. This film just made me angry!



Oh dear. I'd better stop now....

No comments: