Monday, January 18, 2010

Lousy Review

Nightfall goes on sale later this week and is already doing well on Amazon.co.uk. It was in the Top 100 but it varies from day to day.

I've got my first review on Amazon and it's terrible. One star! One lousy star! Here's the review...


complete change of style, 18 Jan 2010
By E. Marshall

having been an avid stephen leather fan for years i struggled with this book. he seems to have changed his style of writing and sadly i found it hard work totally lacking his usual gripping story line.so sad.



I'm not sure why E Marshall can't use capital letters. This is his only review and I can't work out why such an avid fan as he describes himself hasn't posted reviews of the books that he liked!

All a bit worrying, really!

But it is fair to say that Nightfall is very different from my regular thrillers so I hope there aren't too many E Marshalls around!

I'm well into the Nightingale book as we speak and hope to have the first draft finished in a few weeks.... I had a meeting with my agent Julian Alexander last week and he has suggested major changes that will much improve the storyline. I think it's going to be a cracker - though i doubt that E Marshall will be impressed.

3 comments:

Leslie Stevenson said...

My husband, sister, daughters and I shall try your new book despite E. Marshall's review if only to get rid of the dts... Do not despair...

Leslie Stevenson
Whitehorse, Y.T.

DENIS STAUNTON said...

DONT WORRY STEPHEN IVE READ IT AND LOVED IT! IVE READ 6 OF YOUR BOOKS NOW AND ENJOYED EVERY ONE OF THEM,SO MUCH SO THAT FOR MY UPCOMING BIRTHDAY IVE ASKED MY WIFE TO BUY ME THE REST OF YOUR NOVELS. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. BY THE WAY SPIDER WOULD KICK JACK REACHERS ASS!!!

Stephen Leather said...

Thanks Leslie, thanks Denis!