Friday, June 8, 2012

My Erotic Short Stories!

Like most writers, I'm not entirely sure where the publishing world is headed. EReaders have changed everything, and the old rules don't apply any more.

I'm trying hard to forecast the future - I was certainly right when I saw the eBook boom coming at the end of 2010 and I sold more than half a million eBooks last year.

The question is what will happen next.

I'm pretty sure that the eReader revolution will revitalise the short story market.  With a paperback, buyers are very aware of how many words they are buying. In fact I'm pretty sure that my publisher puts lots of white space in my books so that the number of pages increases and buyers think they are getting a lot of pages for their money!

With an eReader word count isn't important, and I think buyers are going to start snapping up more short stories, especially if they are really cheap.

Now the really great thing about the eReader is that no one knows what you are buying, or what you are reading. This makes it a lot easier to buy and read erotica.  There are no more knowing looks from salespeople and no more disapproving stares on public transport. You can read what you want, when you want, on an eReader.

So combining the two observations, I predict that there will be a boom in erotic short stories. And as I am always one to put my money where my mouth is, I have already self-published three erotic of them!  The first is Banging Bill's Wife, where a young man is persuaded to help a husband satisfy his wife's fantasy.


You can buy it HERE IN THE US and HERE IN THE UK.

Next I wrote and published The Alphabet Game, where a sex tourist's life is changed forever when he sets out to sleep with girls whose name correspond to the letters of the alphabet. All goes well until he meets a girl called Zed...



You can buy it HERE IN THE US and HERE IN THE UK.

The third is The Pregnant Wife, about a young man who discovers a way of getting free sex in Thailand.  He has the life of his dreams until he meets Nok. And when Nok falls pregnant, Dave is in a quandry...


You can buy it HERE IN THE US and HERE IN THE UK.

Anyway, all three are now available on Kindle and on Smashwords. I'll let you know how I get on! And yes, I'm already working on the fourth - The Threesome.

No comments: