Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My Blog

Well, I'm finally getting around to setting up a Blog. I've blogged before as fictional characters without revealing who I was, but this is the first time I'll be blogging as myself! I won't start it earnest until 2009 (it's a sort of New Year's resolution!) but I thought I might as well get started now.

If you don't already know who I am, you can find out about me and my writing at my website, http://www.stephenleather.com/.

On this blog I plan to tell you about what I'm working on, what I'm doing, who I'm meeting, and probably dole out my views on things I feel strongly about.

What am I working on just now? I'm about to start the seventh Dan Shepherd book, though I don't even have a title yet. I'm working on a book about a hostage negotiator, and I'm still tinkering with my Bangkok Bob book. And I'm working on a book set in the United States featuring a character from the Dan Shepherd books. So I've got a lot to keep me busy!

I plan to use the blog as a way of keeping in touch with readers, and using it to answer questions, so anyone will be able to post a comment and/or question here and I'll answer it for everyone. I hope it works out!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicely written, as always. Came here via the Stickman site... you look an awfully like Stick, actually!

Stephen Leather said...

I'll take that as a compliment because Stickman is much better looking than me! I'm a big fan of his website - http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/

Janet said...

Loved the first chapter Stephen, when can we expect to get the rest of the book...cant wait

Stephen Leather said...

Hi Janet - I think another couple of months before I finish it... but I might put a few more chapters on to the blog before then!

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephen,

Love the books. Read private dancer years ago and have followed some of your recnt work. Really surprised you live in Dublin as well as I am from here ! Keep up the good work and if your free for a beer some time drop me a mail. - c_heneghan@hotmail.com

Chris

Stephen Leather said...

Cheers, Chris. Yeah Dublin is a great city, I've lived there for thast fifteen years, though I travel a lot. I live off Grafton Street, which was a quiet little lane when I moved in but with extended licensing hours has turned into the noisiest street in the country!

Anonymous said...

To be honest I was amazed that you lived here. I first heared about you through Stickmans site. I have been following that for many years now, probably since 2000. Like yourself I enjoy it very much, especially the weekly piece. It must be excellent for those living in bangkok to have that resource. Im not a huge fan of Dublin myself, spend a bit of time in China, a very interesting country. I think it offers a lot more than Thailand in almost all respects. Great value too. Hoping to move out there in about 12-18 mths time. By the way, where in Dublin can I buy your books ?

Sayoska said...

Just finished read the private dance, amazing.....well done...

Stephen Leather said...

Thank you!